About Our Curriculum
Our classrooms are designed to allow children to move freely and independently throughout the environment. The design follows Maria Montessori's concept that children learn best when offered organized, pre-designed areas of learning while using their hands, senses, and inner motivation to explore and absorb the world around them.
We utilize a monthly unit of study expressed throughout Children First Montessori's eight areas of learning while also incorporating weekly numbers, letters and phonics as added study tools.
Children First Montessori's Eight Areas of Learning
Children First Montessori's Daily Activities
- Circle/Line Time - with correlating stories, songs and activities
- Chapter Book Reading Time - Read by the teacher
- Journal Time
- Free work time - Working from a variety of bookshelves which offer the eight Montessori areas of learning
- Various Arts and Activities - Offered as part of the unit of study
- Quiet time - Rest time needed to replenish & rejuvenate mind and body
- Free Playtime - (Outdoor and/or indoor) offered at least twice a day